Scroll to Top
- Get pre-approved – A pre-qualification letter is an important first step in successful home hunting, so real estate agents and sellers take you seriously.
- Get your documents in order – You’ll need to document two years’ worth of your gross income, down payment, and credit.
- Understand your credit score – Your credit score plays a key role in determining several factors of the mortgage you get, and there’s more to it than just paying your bills on time.
- Do not increase monthly debt – while you are going through the process of buying a home as it could negatively impact your ability to buy the property / qualify for a loan.
- Keep paying your bills on time